Sunday, October 13, 2019

Quick Chicken Pho (Slow Cooker)

We love going out for Pho when it's a chilly day. It's a very warming soup. I came across this recipe on the BBC.co.uk/food site as a modernized "quick" version (not requiring the days of cooking OxTail). The Chinese 5 Spice was key to capturing the flavor of Pho. Unlike in the restaurant, I was unable to find Vietnamese fresh Coriander, so I had to settle with Cilantro. I also use chicken tenderloins (rather than a whole chicken to speed up the process) and Maggi brand "soy"(which I buy by the case on Amazon). The hubby likes Hoisin and Sriracha added to his for an extra kick! I also forgot the fish sauce this round, but it didn't affect our recollection of how Pho should taste. At some point, I'd love to cook genuine pho using OxTail, but for a quick imitation, this one is great!



No comments:

Post a Comment