Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Chocolate and Ginger Tarts

One of my favorite shows is "The Great British Baking Show" produced by the BBC. I used to think I was a pretty good baker until I started watching this show. Now my hobby is learning to convert US baking into UK (i.e. Celcius, grams, pints, etc...). There are also a lot of products in the UK that are commonplace that are very difficult to find here in the US (i.e. jam sugar, stem ginger, golden syrup, etc...). Thankfully, Amazon has most of what I need and if I get desperate I can go to Colorado Springs to The British Pantry for supplies.

BBC.CO.UK/food has a lot of recipes from the show (and more!) so this is one of the first ones I tried. I absolutely loved these tarts, but I found out after baking that the hubby is not a fan of ginger. I think it's an awesome combination with the chocolate, but I know now that this recipe will be used as a give-away. Note to self: make sure the recipient likes ginger. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment