Sunday, March 22, 2020

Zucchini Crust Pizza


I know I've posted something similar in the past, but this one is definitely a keeper especially with the need to conserve flour lately. It's also Keto friendly, but I ended up using 1/2 cup of regular flour because I didn't have coconut flour (which is said to be the most absorbative to handle the wetness of zucchini). It only takes 2 cups of zucchini, but takes 3 eggs-so make sure you're willing to use up your eggs for this one. It also takes 16oz of shredded mozerella, but we are well supplied with our cheeses (did you know they freeze well?). :)  For the toppings, I actually used 3 cheese spaghetti sauce and chicken, mushroom and onion. For the crust, I also sprinkled semolina on the pan and preheated a stone pizza pan in advance. It take about an hour and 15 minutes if you follow the steps of pre-heat (30min), crust bake (20min)  then the pizza itself (20min). So worth it! Zucchini grows like wildfire here in Colorado, so I have a feeling, I'll hold on to this recipe and keep making it over and over in the next few months. [I've already made it twice in 2 weeks!]



No comments:

Post a Comment