Monday, March 9, 2020

Rigatoni Pie

The hubby bought rigatoni noodles so I decided to take this opportunity to see if Rigatoni Pie was worth the video hype. First I read a few reviews then went to YouTube and found Jeannette from Rachel Ray. She has a whole series about testing internet recipes (cauliflower grilled cheese was hilarious). Just type #jeanettedoesthiswork in the search field on YouTube and you’ll get hooked. I definitely recommend watching the Rigatoni Pie one before attempting to make it on your own.

My version: I left out the ricotta and made my meat sauce a little thinner so that the flavor got down into the pasta. I also made extra meat sauce to go with it since it’s a lot of pasta. As Jeannette said: the cheese and meat sauce are basically “pasta frosting”. Definitely agree with cooking al dente. Don’t use a 10” cheesecake pan, it’s way too big. I used a 9” cheesecake/springform and it worked great! Definitely put a cookie sheet underneath and parchment paper. It pretty much looked just like Jeannette’s including falling apart when serving, lol. I would probably serve it as a centerpiece but definitely add extra sauce when serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment