Sunday, March 22, 2020

Baked Corned Beef and Cabbage

Wow what a week! Coronavirus is turning everything upside down. The positive is that I've had more time to get back in the kitchen and type up the recipes I've been trying. This week was St. Patrick's day, so I managed to snag a brisket from the grocery store and cook up some corned beef and cabbage in a 13x9 pan. It was sooooo yummy! I know I have a splash of Irish in my genetics and I can't get enough potatoes and cabbage in my diet. One word of caution-don't add salt if you buy pre-seasoned corned beef. It is already plenty salty enough in the end. [I ended up having to add rice on day 2 for a Corned Beef, Cabbage and Rice stew in the crockpot-so good!] I will post the Pistachio Pineapple Dessert I made to go with it separately.



No comments:

Post a Comment