Monday, March 23, 2020

2 Ingredient Chocolate Cola Cake

Ok-I finally decided to try this recipe. This Coronavirus has me taking a thorough and creative look at my pantry. I had a chocolate cake mix I needed to use and a couple mini cans of Coke I’ll never drink. I looked up recipes and reviews and decided to go for it. Now-it’s technically a 3 ingredient cake because, according to the reviews, adding the eggs gives it structure (definitely true). The cake turned out great even at 6400 ft elevation. But-don’t stop there. By itself, the cake is “meh”. But add homemade chocolate frosting-wowsers! [Be sure to sift the frosting ingredients].

The recipe is literally a box cake, 12oz of cola (or diet) and 3 eggs. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Here is the link to the chocolate frosting. [I used Hershey’s Dark cocoa]

https://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/720x405/7818822.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment