Friday, May 8, 2020

Leftover Turkey in Creamy Mushroom Sauce

I tried to cook a turkey in my new CharBroil Oil-Less Turkey Fryer but the wind literally picked up when I fired it up. It didn't cook according to the timing and directions, so I might try again on a warm, windless day and post the recipe later. I ended up having to cook it some more in the oven. After all that, I had to deal with the dilemma of what to do with the leftovers. I had a bunch of mushrooms to get rid of too and so I was excited to try this in my 12" cast iron pan. It turned out delicious, however I would make a couple of modifications. Substitute some of the chicken broth for white wine and go easy on the chicken broth if using granules. The turkey was injected with a salt/syrup mix and was plenty salty. I ended up omitting the salt in the recipe and used salted butter. [I never use unsalted butter because I don't notice a difference in the food.]



No comments:

Post a Comment