Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fresh Spaghetti Sauce

Are you tired of posts about zucchini yet? Well, I can't say I'm quite done with that, but I can promise a plethora of tomato recipes next because hubby's garden exploded. Here is the first one--and I was absolutely delicious, and, well, technically a zucchini recipe too because I chopped it up real fine in the food processor (with onions and mushrooms) and added it to the sauce. No one seemed to notice. :) This was an absolutely amazing flavor. I left out the sugar-maybe the onions helped to sweeten it, but my boys don't really care for a sweet sauce anyway. I also added oregano and pepper. Served it with sliced, spicy brats and ground turkey and regular spaghetti. Definitely a keeper. :)  Next up tomato soup and pizza sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment