Sunday, March 24, 2019

Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage

This year for St. Patrick's Day, the hubby requested Corned beef and cabbage. In the past, I have usually bought the Corned beef pre-made, but this year, I decided to make my own. I was short on time so I decided to use the instant pot. It still took 2 hours because it takes about 10 minutes for it to pressurize and then about 5-10 minutes for it to de-pressurize after. I followed the directions to cook the beef in the broth first, then remove and cook the veggies in the broth second. It was a great idea! The cabbage, carrots, celery and potatoes tasted delicious with the beef. We ended up adding Sauerkraut and Russian dressing on top, almost like a Reuben bowl. Then later in the week, I cooked chicken to eat with the leftover veggies-twice good! I served a pistachio cake for dessert and enjoyed an evening of green. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment