Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Skinny Sausage Parmesan Stuffed Eggplant

Let's see, the hubby bought eggplants and Italian chicken (hot and mild) sausage brats...what to do? :) I reached out to pinterest, typed "eggplant chicken sausage" and found pages of wonderful recipes. I saved a couple of others to my "Recipe Bucket List-MAIN DISH" board for future use. This was surprisingly fairly easy to prepare-but make sure you plan to serve the meal no sooner than 2 hours after starting to prepare. I also splurged and purchased the pecorino romano from our local deli--well worth it. [The hubby doesn't tolerate peppers (i.e. red), so I omitted it :( ] The teenager, who has listed Italian as his top choice for cuisine, gave this dish a thumbs up. I doubled the recipe using 2 eggplants and a total of 4 brats and had 0 leftovers. :) I will likely make this one again, hopefully next time from our garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment