Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bullet Brownies

Finally carved out time to get caught up on blogging some awesome recipes that I've tried in the past couple of weeks. First up is desserts-I've been doing a lot of baking from "Aunt Bees Mayberry Cookbook". There are some really fun recipes that use both old fashioned methods and combine interesting ingredients. 

These are probably the best brownies I've ever made. They are very dense (almost fudge-like) and possibly due to the altitude I had to bake them 35-40 minutes. Wish I would have had some of my homemade ice cream on hand.

1 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Grease a 9 inch square pan and dust with cocoa. In a saucepan, melt the margarine. Add the sugar and cocoa, and blend well. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. [These freeze well.] They're very rich so may server more than 9. 


No comments:

Post a Comment