Saturday, April 21, 2018

Mountain Dew Cake (modified)

Well, you all know baking is my therapy and this weekend has been extra "therapeutic". Having fun trying some new recipes. This one was simple and easy. My recipe selection usually starts with something I have in my cupboard that needs to be used. This time it was lemon cake. I usually end up doing poke cakes, but I saw the title and knew I had to try it. A few caveats--if using a bundt cake pan, there are some great tips on YouTube that I recommend watching. Secondly, I didn't have Mountain Dew on-hand, so I used Sierra Mist; I highly recommend adding a little lemon juice to the cake and the glaze--takes away some of the sweetness. Lastly, I recommend making this cake the night before and glazing the next day to make sure it's had time to completely cool down, otherwise you end up with a glaze moat around your cake. Great cake for spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment