Sunday, September 4, 2016

Watermelon Feta Salad

What a busy week. Finally have time to post all the fun recipes I tried since my last post.

Starting with Watermelon Feta Salad. I'm not afraid to try new recipes and think this one would have been really good if the watermelon had been ripe enough. I was so disappointed when I brought it home and found it to be pink rather than red and not very sweet. This recipe relies on the sweetness of the watermelon to compliment the rest of the ingredients. Also, when it says serve immediately, use that as gospel, otherwise it will turn into a watery (unattractive) mess even a few hours later.
Even with the watermelon not being perfectly ripe and being served 4 hours later, I don't think my boys will get used to the idea of mint and feta with watermelon. In any case, it was a fun one to try.





No comments:

Post a Comment