Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hatch Chile Chicken Enhiladas

Let me start off with my side note--I have been cooking enchiladas all wrong for years. In this recipe, I learned to dip the tortillas in chicken broth before stuffing and wrapping them. [We prefer flour tortillas but they worked just the same.] No more dried out shells! It also makes them much more pliable when rolling.

Once again, the hubby has stayed true to form and brought me home another item I'm not used to working with--Hatch Chilies (which are seasonal). I had heard how delicious they are, but had never attempted to prepare them. Thanks to Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Woman) and Google, I have mastered roasting, peeling and chopping up my own green chile sauce. To make it even better, I put a whole chicken in the crockpot and used the broth for the recipe.

This was a fun one, and truly easy to make. Looking forward to more "surprises" if they turn out this good. I have a feeling the hubby is going to buy more REAL soon...then I'll try my hand at canning green chile sauce :)





No comments:

Post a Comment