Sunday, February 12, 2017

Pizza with Swiss Chard and Bacon

So the hubby bought me a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for Valentines Day and I immediately bought "The Mixer Bible". It's been my goal since we moved here to Colorado to conquer Bread and dough recipes that require yeast. A separate blog will be posted about the pizza dough, but for this piece I want to focus on the toppings. After the hubby's trip to the grocery store, I find that we have a refrigerator full of various greens, including chards. Usually I cook them up with lemon juice, onions and mushrooms, but today we asked the question--"Can you put Chards on pizza?" So I looked to google and found out that chards and bacon make great toppings together on pizza. Earlier today we had also purchased pepper bacon at the deli. In addition, I had some hamburger meat, and added yellow onions and cremini mushrooms as well as a red pepper alfredo sauce I already had on hand. I made a 16" pizza and sprinkled mozzarella on top. It turned out more like a pie or a hand-tossed crust because the recipe was actually for (2) 12" pizzas. We usually prefer thin crust, but the hubby said it was the "best pizza toppings and crust" he had ever had. Success!!










No comments:

Post a Comment