Saturday, February 25, 2017

Peanut Butter Chocolate Heaven

The weather has been crazy (cold) this weekend, so I felt we deserved a "decadent day". Tonight's dinner is ribs and potato wedges, but I wanted to end with a bang! I scrolled through Pinterest and it didn't take long to find the perfect recipe. This is a fairly simple recipe; a great opportunity to use the stand mixer (using both the paddle and whip) as well as the food processor for the Oreos and Peanut Butter Cups. I used mini Reeses cups with their new "crunchy" and also dark chocolate (half of each). The recipe calls for 16 cookies and 15 pb cups, but I ended up using 8 more cookies and 8 more pb cups for the topping (pulsing them together in the food processor). I also used Extra Creamy Cool Whip because it gives it a thicker, more stable texture. Of course I taste-tested....The boys will not be disappointed tonight. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment