Thursday, February 23, 2017

Orange Cranberry Bread (High Altitude)

I can never get enough of orange sweet breads, scones, etc.  I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the hubby also like orange breads--the only complaint was "not enough orange icing on top". haha Another great recipe from my "Baking at High Altitude Cookbook".


(Orange) Cranberry Nut Bread

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups pure orange juice
1 teaspoon orange peel or orange zest
3 cups cranberries [I used orange infused cranberries]
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

**For the icing, I just used a regular icing recipe and added orange extract**

1. Cream the butter, sugar, eggs.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, orange juice and orange peel or zest to the butter mixture.
3. Mix thoroughly while adding the cranberries and walnuts. Mix the batter until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
4. Grease two 9-inch bread pans. 
5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
6. Bake 50-60 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.


1 comment: