Sunday, September 4, 2016

7 Layer Dip

It's Labor Day weekend and we hosted a BBQ yesterday. It's always really great when friends make the trek out to our farm. I love planning the menu and I rarely make the same thing twice. Believe it or not, I've never made 7 Layer Dip, even though I (now) know it's super easy. I loosely used the following recipe (more based on the fabulous picture), however, what I found most helpful were the reviews. [Always read the reviews in a recipe because by the time you try it, other people have shown you what works and doesn't work about it as well as other substitutions/tricks.] Based on the comments, I added the taco seasoning to the sour cream rather than the refried beans. I  also added salsa to the beans to make them more pliable. I also omitted the lettuce as a personal choice, did not add black olives, or tomatoes and put green onions on top. I made fresh guacamole and salsa and refrigerated for 3-4 hours. By the end of the night, there was nothing left :)





No comments:

Post a Comment