Thursday, August 11, 2016

Tuna Noodle Casserole (with Mustard)

I forgot to thaw out a meat for dinner today but then remembered we had canned tuna and noodles. So I took to googling, because I always find a gem--I love to see what other people have done to modify a classic. So, I found "Light-But-Hearty" Tuna Noodle Casserole that adds dry mustard. Unfortunately, I didn't have cream of mushroom, so I used cream of chicken instead. And, rather than use the topping in the recipe, I had some leftover French's onions (the kind you put on green bean casserole) that was the perfect choice. [Traditionally, tuna noodle casserole has potato chips on top.] I also didn't have red pepper (this time!), and added prepared mustard (in addition to dried), garlic and peas--it was strange to me that a tuna noodle casserole didn't include peas. Needless to say--I got the "mmm mmm good" quote from the hubby and we are both now huge fans of putting mustard in tuna noodle casserole. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment