Monday, April 25, 2016

Pineapple Upside Down Poke Cake

Wow--I've been so busy with our move to our (coveted) 60 acres (from the city) and changing careers, that I haven't been very diligent about my posts. I apologize to those glorious cooks who have recently provided inspiration....I will try to give honorable mention to as many as I can in the coming days.

This weekend we had some friends out for a Sunday afternoon of bbq, smores and ranch exploration. I made potato salad (with mustard, red potatoes and pickles--recipe to follow) and this delicious Pineapple Upside Down Poke Cake with a fresh pineapple the hubby had purchased. [The trickiest part was doing the flip upside down..better luck next time? j/k...it actually went pretty well. And, although we ran out of time and belt-space, most interested in smores, I managed to discover, the hubby and the teenager LOVED it! 24 hours later and it's half gone. ;) It was very easy and I quite enjoyed not having to frost it, saving a step in the dessert process. Thank you Hen Basket for the share (that I had saved on my pinterest under my Poke Cake Board). :)



No comments:

Post a Comment