Saturday, January 16, 2016

Paleo Lemon Chicken Kale Soup

End of the week food inventory....Chicken breast, lemons, kale....Pinterest....Aha! I found (on my own board labeled "Bucket List:SOUP" this recipe. For more bulk (and goodness), I added some frozen zucchini and yellow squash (from our garden). The recipe actually says it's creamy because they use a food processor for the onion w/olive oil. I skipped that step because I like chunks of onion in my soup. I also only put in 2 cups of broth and the frozen veggies, chicken and salt help liquify for just the right amount of juices. It's sometimes hard to judge because the hubby doesn't like his soup too "soupy". Since we're not strict paleo'ers, I probably would have added cornstarch to thicken if need be but it turned out great! I purposefully chose a night when the teenager wasn't home because this dish IS earthy (and delicious to us old folks). :D  Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment