Wednesday, January 20, 2016

AIP Beef and Broccoli

We had bought a roast for this week, but since we just had pot roast (in the slow cooker) last week, I wasn't feeling it. So, I cut it in half and then sliced each half into thin pieces. Tonight is the second half and, in keeping with the fun of autoimmune paleo, I found this wonderful recipe for Beef and Broccoli. I actually skipped the marinade, let the beef simmer for a while, then added the sauce and finally throwing in the broccoli at the last minute, it turned out perfect! This was my first time with using arrowroot, but it was an amazing substitute for cornstarch or flower for thickening. I also didn't have coconut soy sauce, but I did have balsamic soy, so I combined it with regular soy. Because the teenager raises an eyebrow when I mention AIP, I added rice for his youthful pleasure. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment