Friday, December 18, 2015

Cream of Avocado Soup with Crab Meat

So the hubby is wanting to eat healthier--targeting his immune system. When we were shopping in the grocery store, I found a cookbook which is at this website:  www.autoimmune-paleo.com . After reading about it's purpose and recipes, I'm discovering that they are fun (and sometimes weird), healthy recipes even if you don't follow the plan. However, it's also a great way to find out if you have food allergies and health problems related to food over a 30-60 day period. We're not disciplined enough to go that far, but I am already finding I love these recipes, especially involving salmon or avocado since that's what my husband buys a lot of at the store.

For this recipe I actually served it hot by heating up the chicken broth before putting it in the blender. I served 2, maybe 3 people and I would recommend doubling the crab meat. The hubby was still raving about it today and even suggested freezing up batches of it, particularly when there's an avocado sale. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment